Saturday, July 23, 2011

Eating Well and Feeling Great

Day 19 - No Bingeing


Today is a beautiful day and we are headed out on the boat with the kids and a friend for each of them. Eating on the boat is challenging, due to there being lots of junk food - chips and chocolate chip cookies. However, I  am on day 3 of WW and feeling STRONG. I am headed out with a plan. Mind you my plan involves a 14 point lunch with potato chips, but the important thing is I have planned for it. I have adjusted the rest of my day accordingly.


My breakfast was cantaloupe from the vegetable stand with blueberries and yogurt.  Yum. I love this breakfast. I can't believe that over the last 4 months I have managed to do without carbs at breakfast (most days). I used to always, always, have a carb at breakfast. It wasn't a habit I thought I could change and remain satisfied. I surprised myself. Good lesson. It pays to try and change habits. Sometimes the change isn't as painful as we anticipate.


Even though I don't know if I have lost any weight yet, I feel better when I eat well. I just feel more strong and healthy and even thinner.  I must remember that on days when healthy eating feels like a prison sentence.  :) 


Last night Emily somehow left her sink water running while she got in the shower. The water overflowed the sink! Of course, Emily didn't notice over the noise of her shower. My husband was in the basement and water came trickling down the wall. He flipped out! The clean up was really stressful because David was overreacting and not acting like himself. Both kids ended up crying. Afterwards, I did get an intense urge to binge. However, I stood strong and ignored it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment