Saturday, July 16, 2011

If It Wasn't Hard, Everyone Would Do It

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great.   -Tom Hanks as Jimmy Dugan in "A League of Their Own"

Procrastinating and making excuses is the third pitfall to implementing change in your life, according to M.J. Ryan, author of This Year I Will. (see July 13th entry entitled Ambivalence for complete list)


Weight loss is one of the few areas I procrastinate in. I kid myself by pretending I can just diet sort of halfheartedly.  Making excuses is much more of an issue for me than procrastination. Some of my typical excuses are:


I'm too ___________. (tired, stressed, depressed, overwhelmed, etc.)  So what??


It is too hard!  If it wasn't hard everyone would do it. It is hard, but rewarding.


I just don't feel like it. (usually in regards to exercise)  Oh well! I do lots of other things I don't feel like doing.


Other people are thin without doing what I have choose to do. The choice is mine. This is about me, not others.


I have "adjusted my thinking" and bolded my new messages to myself.


Keeping the blog helps me stay focused and the photos help me face my reality. This is a tough one to face.






Day 12- No Bingeing  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment