Day 20 - No Bingeing
Remember how #4 on the 10 Pitfalls of Implementing Change is being unwilling to go through the awkward phase? Well, I am now in the awkward phase. I am feeling very revved up and super excited about my diet, but I haven't lost any weight yet (probably). So my clothes still feel tight and I feel fat. Ugh. As my daughter would say - Awkward!
Isn't it funny how when you are enthused and working hard you feel like the pounds should be just melting away? LOL. I had a freak out moment this morning where I was thinking what if I am positive, and work hard, sticking to WW all week and don't lose a single pound???? Horrors!
Judith Beck (author of The Beck Diet Solution) calls my freak out "negative fortune telling". So I ignored that evil little voice inside my head and decided to stick to my plan for a minimum of two weeks before even considering a change. I am telling myself "stick with the plan" and "trust the plan".
Tonight we went to Massie's - a local restaurant known for its Italian food. I did not want to overeat and did not trust myself to eyeball an appropriate portion of baked ziti or homemade spaghetti. Instead I ordered filet mignon and a baked potato. It was still tricky because the menu didn't state how many ounces the filet was and I couldn't whip out my handy dandy scale and weigh it. My salad also came drowning in dressing. Disgusting! There was probably 1/2 cup and I forgot to ask for it on the side. Overall, I felt successful since I ate my dinner but definitely didn't overeat. I also skipped my normal evening snack.
No comments:
Post a Comment