Monday, July 18, 2011

Two Weeks Binge Free

Day 14 - No Bingeing


I haven't binged in two weeks! I define a binge as eating with an out of control feeling, and eating clearly past the point of being full. Naturally, I don't usually binge on healthy stuff. Last night was pretty challenging though. I had that "want to eat like crazy" feeling. It was after some parenting frustration. I did do some "serial eating" but did not binge. I define a binge as eating with an out of control feeling, and eating clearly past the point of being full. Naturally, I don't usually binge on healthy stuff. I think there is more room for me to slip on the weekends, when I try to do intuitive eating, rather than counting calories.


More Reflection On Implementing Change
#4 on the list of Pitfalls of Implementing Change is not being willing to go through the awkward phase. For some reason, I connect this to pregnancy. I thought it was awkward when I started gaining weight, but didn't have that obvious pregnant shape yet.  I just looked like I had been eating too much ice cream.  :)  I never thought about weight loss as having an awkward phase. I usually get in a groove fairly quickly. Perhaps the awkward phase is when my new behaviors aren't quite solid enough to be considered habits yet.  Or when my new habits haven't started to give me results. In terms of exercise, I would say the awkward phase is longer. It takes me longer to feel competent. Trying new things can feel awkward - especially in the fitness arena, where I feel like an imposter.


At the store today, I paid $9 for Barney's Almond Butter. Outrageous!  But I have really been wanting to try it.  Good thing I like it.  


My goals for this week are to log my food on spark (drudgery but necessary) and to exercise 3 times.





No comments:

Post a Comment