Today is day 7 of counting points so I weighed myself and was surprised to see that I have lost 4.5 pounds! I am still feeling very positive and motivated.
Besides counting points, I focused on meal planning this week - dinner in particular. The other two meals are pretty automatic for me. Dinner is often a downfall. I don't do fast food or anything. It is just that I often come home and have no idea of what we are having for dinner. I did really well this week, cooking every night except the night I had class.
Planning my dinners more carefully definitely helped me stick to my points range. I also included a daily treat in my points, which always helps me. This week it was homemade cookies and milk. I managed to make my minimum exercise goal of 3 days, despite a busy week.
I am reading a book by Ali Vincent, the first female winner of The Biggest Loser. It is pretty interesting. I've never watched more than a few minutes of the show, but the amount of exercise they do is unbelievable to me. I can't for the life of me imagine getting 8 hours of exercise in one day! Do any of these people keep the weight off?
Wow, CONGRATS on the 4.5 pounds!!
ReplyDeleteI read Ali's book also. There is NO WAY that I would be willing to exercise that much--and most of the contestants put on some, if not a lot, of their weight after the show. Ali has kept most of hers off though!
Great job! I love Biggest Loser because it's a great motivator, even though they do put aside their real lives and spend all of their waking moments exercising. It shows that people who have 100 or 200 pounds to lose can do it naturally. For those of us that have to continue living our normal lives, we can do it, too, just more slowly. Ali actally is the spokesperson for Biggest Loser products on QVC. I saw her hawking the food scale on there! I think the contestants all have to learn about balance, just like us.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work!