Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 14 - Down 6 pounds total!

I got on the scale this morning and I have lost 6 pounds in two weeks, which I am super excited about. I have been counting points and exercising 3-4 times a week on the EFX and treadmill.


I have three sets of pants (sort of) - my larger sizes, my medium sizes, and my small sizes. Right now I am fitting into my medium size category, which is what I have the most of. This is a livable weight for me....meaning I feel pretty good here. I don't feel fat on a daily basis at this size. I still have times I feel fat, but it isn't daily


However, I am going to keep on going and shoot for 120! (I am only 5'1.) I am 43, love to eat, and haven't been 120 in years, so I am not sure if that will be a weight I can maintain happily or not. I figure, there's only one way to find out. I can't remember the last time I was 120, but it was definitely BK (before kids). 


The biggest thing really isn't about the weight though. What I want most is to become less obsessed with food, weight, and diet. I want to be a consistent eater, without big fluctuations in my eating patterns. 


Does anyone have any good snack ideas? I am getting sick of my standbys for my midmorning and afternoon snacks....usually a banana and nuts. 

3 comments:

  1. Great job Michelle! That's awesome, especially at this time of year with all of the stress and temptation! I am going to accept the fact that I will never be 120 lbs., even at 5'. I would either have to eat hardly anything or move into the gym in order to get there. I can't say I remember ever being there, but it had to happen on my way up the scale! I was probably in 4th or 5th grade!

    Snacks? Dannon Light and Fit yogurt with sliced apples or some Fiber One Original cereal mixed in? I do alot of pretzels, low-fat crackers and other assorted "healthier" versions of the original. I snack entirely TOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...I found your blog after I read a comment you made on Katie's blog...Slim Katie?...I can't remember her exact name..oh, that is awful.

    Anyway, you sound a lot like me....We have the same mind set anyway...I would like to lose (I need to lose) 10 pounds to be at my "comfy" weight...about 139 ish give or take a few...I am 5'6" so I little taller than you and I will be 43 in February! ;-)

    But, ya know how those with anorexia think they always look fat...well, I swear I look in the mirror and think I look OK, fit, or maybe thin. So, I go and eat..and eat...and eat...and these Christmas treats are KILLING me.

    It's the constant cycle but, I swear I am going to get a handle on it...so my mind doesn't blow right off from the craziness. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the six pounds Michelle!! I'm glad you're doing well. I love how you said you want to be a consistent eater without big fluctuations in your eating patterns--I never put it that way, but that is EXACTLY what I've been striving for!

    ReplyDelete