Thursday, November 24, 2011

Turkey Day

We had a wonderful dinner at my mother in law's house and I did not overeat.  :)  In fact, I skipped dessert - because I just didn't feel like any - not because I had to.  


I finally tried the Jackie Warner treadmill workout today. It was a good change of pace. You walk two minutes at the highest incline, run 2 minutes at an incline of 1 and then recover for 1 min. at 0 incline.  Walking with the treadmill on 15 is challenging!


I am trying to really reflect carefully on my weight issues. I want to figure out the million dollar question which is - If I want it SO much why don't I just DO it??  I am trying to figure out exactly what derails me.  


I am highly consistent with breakfast, snack, and lunch being well planned and healthy. Dinner is the meal that is hit or miss. It is hard with having kids and working full time to always plan well enough to have a healthy dinner. I know what to cook but sometimes lack the energy or just find it tough to keep enough fresh food in the house. The produce never seems to last the whole week.


Today I made a master list of possible dinners. I am hoping that will help me do a better job planning and following through. Each week I can select 5 dinners to shop for. (The other nights will be something simple like eggs.)


Next week I am going to have to start counting points or something but I really don't want to. It makes me crazy. I obsess. But how else can I lose??


I used to enjoy scrapbooking. I don't anymore - too much guilt/pressure. That's what happens when you are a pefectionist.  I always admired Cathy Zielske (scrapbooker) because her style was clean and simple. I recently discovered her blog. She has gone on a 2 year weight loss journey (gradual). Naturally, she documented her journey with monthly scrapbook pages. Here is a page from her scrapbook:





Anyway, she is going to start a class in January. It looks intriguing.


At $36 for the year, it is affordable. I thought it might help me stay on the overall journey even when I slip off the path momentarily. I need to stay focused on the BIG picture instead of vacillating day to day.


http://www.bigpictureclasses.com/movemoreeatwell.php





1 comment:

  1. Not having dessert because you didn't feel like it is fantastic progress! I used to find myself eating things because I felt like I "should want" to, even if it didn't sound good. Or skipping things because I "should" even if I really want it. It's awesome that you were able to listen to your body!

    ReplyDelete