Tuesday, November 8, 2011

No Weight Loss Yet??

I weighed myself today after 3 days of sticking religiously to the low carb/low sugar plan. I haven't lost a pound! Grrr. What do you think? Do I stick with it a full week and then decide?? Do I decide it is quackery/faddish and go back to counting calories?  I don't want to waste my time and motivation. Here is what I ate yesterday: 


Breakfast - 2 eggs scrambled with cheddar cheese, 1 sl rye bread w/ butter
Snack - cheese stick
Lunch - chicken salad I made - 1/2 cup
carrots, celery and hummus, 5 wheat crackers
Snack - walnuts
Dinner - pretzels, cashews, cup of soup, cheese 


 (I had a long day, not getting home until 7:30 so I snacked during my graduate class rather than cook a "real" dinner.)
All my portions were reasonable - like 1 oz. cheese with dinner, or 1 oz cashews - measured out.  


It just seems weird to eat butter, nuts and cheese so much. I know they are high calorie evven if they are low carb/low sugar.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't survive on so little food! I love to eat and unfortunately, low cal usually means high carbs, like pretzels and high fiber bars/cereal. I think it really is calories in vs. calories out, but sometimes you need to switch things up a bit to get the ball rolling again. Maybe give it a few more days. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to eat too Linda!! I wasn't hungry because of all the protein. But it isn't the way I naturally eat either. I usually eat more carbs, like you. I typically eat a banana and yogurt for breakfast. It is hard for me to find the time to cook eggs in the morning.

    The end of my day today was STRESSFUL and now I am craving homemade cookies and milk.

    ReplyDelete