Sunday, August 7, 2011

Off to the Big Apple

Day 34 - No Bingeing!



Today I leave for NYC to attend a week long institute at Columbia Teachers' College. I hate leaving my family and I am kind of a homebody. However, the training was phenomenal last summer, so it is worth it to go.


I am feeling strong in regards to my eating and I have packed some healthy snacks.  My one concern is that eating so much later than normal will be hard. My goal is to maintain my weight for the week.  Of course, a loss is always happy news too.


Here is my little list of things to consider if the going gets tough:
  • small actions done consistently = big results
  • What do I want most?  (this food or losing weight) The choice is mine
  • I have done many hard things in my life. I can do hard things. Hard does not mean impossible.
  • Think about my black circle dress I bought. I want it to fit someday.  :)
I bought the dress this weekend, being optimistic.  It is a size 6. I wouldn't have purchased it since I am a size 10, but it is a $100 dress and I got it for $25. So, I decided it would be a target dress for me.  I am currently taking graduate classes to become an assistant principal and I think this dress would be great for that job.  

Ummmm....confession........I might have a slight shopping problem.  I just purchased a dress I will probably not wear for 2 years, when I finish my CAS program! Plus, I am torn about leaving the classroom - not sure if it is right for me. More on that later.  But I could wear it sooner, if I lose the weight. Anyway, I do love to shop but I only spend cash. More often, I spend it on books or my kids than clothes.    

No comments:

Post a Comment